||ResEdit Home Page
ResEdit is a resource editor for Windows programs. There are multiple ways to use it :
- Software developers : Create you resource script (.rc) with dialogs, menu and then export it as an executable with ResEdit or use the generated script with your usual compiler.
- Software translator : Open exe or dll file and directly translate the strings in dialogs, menu and string tables.
- Other usages : Extract icons, bitmaps or any resource from 32-bit and 64-bit executables
The current version of ResEdit is 1.6.6. You can download 32-bit or 64-bit version :
ResEdit changelog is available here.
You will need the Windows® Platform SDK
to develop with ResEdit.
ResEdit is a freeware program. You can donate if you want to support ResEdit development.
Thank you in advance!
You will find some screenshots on this page
ResEdit online documentation is available on this page.
- Importing rc files generated by Microsoft Visual Studio resource editor.
- Supported formats : Resource Script (rc), Compiled Resource Script (res), Win32 Portable Executable (exe, dll).
- Format conversion in command-line mode.
- Advanced Dialog editor. All existing kind of Win32 controls are supported (Static text, Buttons, Edit controls, Pictures, ...).
- A basic picture editor to open and modify bitmaps, icons and cursors
- Possibility to include all sort of resources.
- Generation of C++ code for the Dialogs (code with CreateWindowEx) and Menus
(CreateMenu, CreatePopupMenu...). However it is not possible to import C++
- Unlimited Undo/Redo buffers
- Customizable layout : you can drag and drop panels to place it wherever you want.
You can help me if you want to translate ResEdit into your language. This file contains all character
strings which can be translated.
To create a new language, you just have to begin a new column with your language name.
Please send me your txt ou modified xls file, even if your translation is incomplete. It will be released on this site.